- "Send the word out across the world. Celebrate and give thanks to the mighty Lord of Murder for delivering unto us his world-born son. We have been blessed and in His name we shall bare our blades in readiness for His will as voiced by His avatar. Hail Malekith, Eternal Khaine Incarnate."
- —Hellebron, High Priestess of Khaine[4a]
Crone Hellebron the Blood Queen of Har Ganeth is one of the most ancient of the Hag Queens and second only to Morathi in Khaine's sight. However, while the youth and beauty of Morathi never fades, that of Hellebron is now almost expended, for the Hag Sorceress deliberately withheld from her the deepest secrets of using the Cauldrons of Blood. Therefore, ever more sacrifices are needed to fill Hellebron's cauldron each year, and yet the rejuvenating effects last for less and less time. Once beautiful beyond measure, the Blood Queen must now endure many dark months with the visage of an old and ugly crone for each stolen day of vibrant youth. It is chiefly for this reason that Hellebron hates Morathi, and her wrath at the deception is only deepened by the knowledge that she would have performed the exact same betrayal had their positions been reversed.[3a]
So it is that for many nights of the year, Hellebron holds court hooded and cloaked to conceal her haggard appearance. Only her closest attendants are permitted to see the full horror of her aged and withered form, and they are sworn to silence under pain of death. It is only on the days following Death Night, where her flesh and form are renewed to full vigour, that Hellebron walks the world unveiled, reveling in the power and sensations of youth. Those who wish a boon of her are well advised to seek it in this brief window of joy, for at other times her mood is capricious and sour, and an audience with her is very likely fatal.[3a]
Ugly and worn as she may be, Hellebron remains the greatest of the Brides of Khaine. Her mastery of the many ways of murder eclipses even that of Morathi - who is often too distracted by her sorcerous pursuits - and far outstrips the skill of the other Hag Queens. It is she who leads the Lord of Murder's unholy rites and dictates the holy creed that all Witch Elves must follow. She is so steeped in the ways of death that her merest touch can kill, and a single whispered word from her withered lips can open up old wounds to bloody life. Wherever Hellebron treads, the gaze of Khaine follows. Inevitably, insane fervour sweeps over all those in her path, driving not only Witch Elves, but Dark Elves of all callings, into a maddening frenzy fit to drown the world in blood.[3a]
- Deathsword: The blade of this long, black sword glistens with dark magic. When it is wielded in combat, the sharp tip of the sword leaves a gleaming red trail in the air.[2a][3a]
- Cursed Blade: Moving with a life of its own, the Cursed Blade, also known as the Parrying Blade, deflects the attacks of the enemy.[2a][3a]
- Amulet of Dark Fire: This amulet wreathes its wielder in a mystical flame that burns magic instead of flesh.[3a]
- 1 Warhammer Armies: Dark Elves (6th Edition)
- 1a: pg. 52
- 2 Warhammer Armies: Dark Elves (7th Edition)
- 2a: pg. 66
- 3 Warhammer Armies: Dark Elves (8th Edition)
- 3a: pg. 55
- 4: Curse of Khaine (Novel) by Gav Thrope
- 4a: Chapter Eight: "The Witch King Demands"