- "It was over two years ago when I developed the Amoeba House at the Imperial Zoo. It was a simple setup, really: a large, metal bowl, no cracks for the Amoebae to escape through. The top of the bowl had piping attached through which steam was passed. As Amoebae shy away from heat, it worked well. I had it created at the Emperor's order by the Imperial Engineers. It made one hell of a racket, but it kept them in... most of the time."
- —Wenzel Immelman, Zoo Keeper[2a]
The Imperial Zoo in Altdorf is home to some of the most dangerous monsters of the Old World. This menagerie contains all manner of grotesque monstrosities, such as the Abomination of Stirland, the Drakwald Gibberbeast and many more. In addition to being one of the wonders of the Old World, the Imperial Zoo also has a practical function, stabling the Emperors' more dangerous and bizarre mounts.[1a]
- Abomination of Stirland.
- Drakwald Gibberbeast.
- Pegasi (available for Empire officers).
- Spawn of Hochland.
- Warhorses (available for Empire soldiers).
- 1: Warhammer Armies: Empire (8th Edition)
- 1a: pg. 34
- 2: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd ED -- The WFRP Companion
- 2a: pg. 111