- "To be sure, it was an inauspicious time to have a baby, I always said... Why, Morrslieb was fat, Dragomas the Drake was in ascendant, and the Big Cross was nowhere in the sky... That newborn babe was pulled from its mother, and I wasn’t surprised to see the babe touched..."
- ——Lucretia, Wise Woman
Some believe in the heavens are written the tales of what has passed, what happens now, and what shall come to be. For generations, Man has looked up to the firmament to question his purpose and place, casting prayers to whatever deaf gods play amongst the burning torches. Sailors use the stars as guides, helping them navigate the uncharted waters of the Sea of Claws, whilst the Arabyan philosophers stare up at the nightly heavens to discover the secrets of the world, a practice brought back to the Empire by the crusaders.
Over the centuries, certain clusters of stars have acquired names, characteristics, and some supernatural significance. Some, nay most, believe the position of the clusters when a child is born reveals some truth about a person, shaping his personality, outlooks, hopes, and dreams for the rest of his life. Whether dismissed as the foolish superstitions of peasants, soothsayers, and charlatans or embraced as a fundamental truth, no one can deny the coincidences between Man and the arrangement of the heavens.
List of Constellations Edit
- The Limner's Line -- Sign of Precision
- Gnuthus the Ox -- Sign of Dutiful Service
- Dragomas the Drake -- Sign of Courage
- The Gloaming -- Sign of Illusion and Mystery
- Grungi's Baldric -- Sign of Martial Pursuits
- Mammit the Wise -- Sign of Wisdom
- Mummit the Fool -- Sign of the Indistinct
- The Two Bullocks -- Sign of Fertility and Craftsmanship
- The Dancer -- Sign of Love and Attraction
- The Drummer -- Sign of Excess and Hedonism
- The Piper -- Sign of the Trickster
- Vobist the Faint -- Sign of Darkness and Uncertainty
- The Broken Cart -- Sign of Pride
- The Greased Goat -- Sign of Denied Passions
- Rhya's Cauldron -- Sign of Mercy, Death, and Creation
- Cacklefax the Cockerel -- Sign of Money and Merchants
- The Bone Saw -- Sign of Skill and Learning
- The Witchling Star -- Sign of Magic
- Wymund the Anchorite -- Sign of Enduring
- The Big Cross -- Sign of Clarity
- Warhammer Fantasy RPG 2nd ED -- The WFRP Companion (pg. 46-52).